Monday, July 11, 2011

Step Into His Healing River

Yesterday Ryner Lai posted a status: "steps into His healing river". I was immediately inspired to write a song. The words just flowed out and in a few minutes I had the whole song. I recorded it today in about 2 hours. The quality's not so good because I don't have a good mike or MIDI keyboard since I'm just using my earphone mike to record everything but I hope I could carry the weight of the song.

When I first played the song, I almost cried because of the words that have been the strength that pushed us (me and many of my friends including Ryner) through the last two hard years. I hope the words speak to you as it has spoken to me even while I wrote it.


Step Into His Healing River
by Samuel K Lis, July 2011
inspired by Ryner Lai




Verse:

In this life of suffering
When there’s pain and wondering
Take His hand
As He leads you to His glory

There’s a place of wonders beyond
That’s prepared for us who believe
But while we’re here on earth
He has promised His glory


Chorus:

Just step into His healing river
Soak in His Presence
Where there is life
Just step into His promises
Drink from His water
Where there is joy
For I’ve seen the river
That flows eternally
Just drink from the fountain
Step into the river


Verse:

In this world of wandering
There is hope for those who need
For He gives endlessly
To those who’d ask Him

I have tasted of His goodness
I have tasted of His grace
So I say, come follow Jesus
You will never be the same
You will never be the same

Bridge:

Come, praise
For He is good
Come, praise
For He is Jesus
Come, drink from the fountain
Come, step into the river


[Note: This must be one of the longer songs I've recorded at around 8 minutes in length]

No comments: