Sunday, February 01, 2009

Australian Open 2009

The people I wanted to win this year's Australian Open:

1. Serena Williams [Women's Singles] - Won
2. Serena and Venus Williams [Women's Doubles] - Won
3. Sania Mirza and Mahesh Bhupathi [Mixed Doubles] - Won
4. Bob and Mike Bryan [Men's Doubles] - Won

[Congratulations! I knew you could do it!]

5. Roger Federer [Men's Singles] - Lost




Roger Federer has lost to Rafael Nadal again. On the hardcourt of the Australian Open. Even as the last ball was struck and Nadal fell to the ground in celebration, my heart went out to Federer. His head was down throughout the match, his shots and serves didn't have consistency; Nadal was just too strong. When Federer went up the podium to speak, my heart broke as did his. He was crying!! Federer looks to be a broken man, a glory that is fading away.

But I still love Roger Federer and I will be his loyal fan until he retires from the sport. I hope he wins Wimbledon and US Open again this year. Keep your head up, Roger.

No comments: