Thursday, June 09, 2011

Peace

I used to have trouble sleeping at night. My mind would be so active thinking about things today, yesteday, tomorrow; things people have said, cool stuff that happened on Fairy Tail (anime), and in the end I would be tired the next day.

Somewhere along the line, I developed a system of putting myself to sleep, so to speak. If I find myself being restless and unable to sleep, I would use the "Freeze Technique", where I force my body to freeze and so hopefully drift off the sleep. Sometimes I listen to music on my earphones. But no matter what I still had a restless mind. Until one day I met Peace, literally. He is also Grace. His name is Jesus.

Psalms 4:8 "I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone O Lord make me dwell in safety."

John 14:27 "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."

I think that there was a sense of peace and rest and just being able to trust God when I started college. When I had no one to turn to, I just had to depend on God. At that point I feel that it was when I really started to leave everything to Him and let Him take control - and voila! - I could sleep quickly. Either that, or I was constantly tired after a whole day of assignments and doing IB that when I went to sleep at 1 or 2 am I dropped dead on the bed.

1 Peter 3:11 says to seek peace, and PURSUE it. Pursuit is an active, continuous thing. Ask, and you will receive it, because Jesus promised, (John 14:27) "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."

Amen.

No comments: