Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mothers Day



To all the mothers...




To my mother
and all the women who have been like a mother to me,


Thank you for all your love and care
Thank you for your endless (and sometimes needless) concern
Thank you for your sacrifices
And constant scolding to make me learn


Thank you for being there when I need you
And still staying there even when I don't
Thank you for making me grow and mature
Teaching me to work even when I won't


Thank you for enduring the pain and grief
When I unknowingly hurt your feelings
Thank you for (mostly) having an open mind
So that we can clear up misunderstandings


Thank you for being the best you can be
So that we can love each other
Even as I'm growing and learning to do the same
Thank you for always being my mother


by Samuel Kana Lis (Mothers Day 2008)

No comments: