Saturday, May 17, 2008

Step Up 2



I just watched Step Up 2 - The Streets (2008), and I loved it! It's a sequel to Step Up (2006) which I also loved because all the dancing is so artistic and cool. I mean, it's not like I can ever do those moves but it's fantastic!



And as all my favourite movies go, I loved it because it speaks about how you have to go for your dreams, do what you love!! The main character, Andie, loves dancing but is rebellious and her guardian (her mom died) made her go to the Maryland School of Arts. She is kicked out of the top dance crew, the "410", and so instead forms a new crew with her new friends at MSA.
It speaks determination, fighting for your dreams, never giving up!!



And then when 410 threatens them and vandalizes their school, they give up momentarily. But when they get the message for The Streets starting that night, they dump their school's fundraiser-whatever and got dancin'!



My favourite quotes:
"Don't give up - be yourself, because life is too short to be anybody else."
"It's not what you've got, it's what you make of what you got."
and as it says on the movie poster, "It's not where you're from, it's where you're at!"



Supercool dancing in the rain! I wonder if they all get fever after that.. hmm.
There was something strange, though, there was this girl, who was a semi-antagonist, "Sophie". Her real name is Cassie Ventura. I kept thinking she was Jordin Sparks cos they looked alike...


Cassie Ventura


Jordin Sparks

Hmmm... XD
Anyway, I liked the movie, I don't know about you, I'm not all that pro in hip-hop/street dancing but I thought the values were inspiring and all. XD

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i wanna watch step up 2 too!! (hehe.. this sentence sounds weird.. but its not wrong.. =P)

Samuel K Lis said...

hahahahahaaaaaa